The ACTIVE team successfully conducted the train the trainers event on the 22nd and 24th of February 2021. CARDET, with the support of Children 1st, conducted the online training to partners, which was scheduled to be held in Cyprus. The main goal of the two days training was to equip the trainers of ACTIVE with the appropriate skills and knowledge in order to implement the training workshops in their countries, targeting sports coaches and professionals.
13 trainers from Greece, Cyprus, Italy, Portugal and Scotland had the opportunity to discuss the topics of ACTIVE’s capacity building program and to exchange ideas and concerns on how they can provide the trainings to professionals working in sports and leisure clubs in their countries. The Capacity-Building Programme for professionals aspires to develop and implement child safeguarding policies and promoting a safe and child-friendly environment in sports and leisure activities’ organizations.
Within this context, the Capacity-Building Programme is consists of 6 modules, covering the following topics:
- Putting child safeguarding in sports/ leisure activities in perspective
- Identifying and countering incidents of violence and harassment in sports/ leisure activities
- Involvement and enjoyment of children in sports/ leisure activities
- Preventing and intervening child violence and discrimination incidents in sports/ leisure activities
- Barriers, challenges and good practices when developing safeguarding policies in Sport & Leisure
- Developing a Child safeguarding policy for sports/ leisure activities organizations
If you work in the sports field and want to enhance your skills in countering violence against children, then contact us or stay tuned to our website for the upcoming trainings.
Be..ACTIVE against any form of violence!
Follow ACTIVE: https://twitter.com/active_eu
Download the press release here.